(WHNT) — As Alabamians prepare to assemble with household and pals for the upcoming vacation season, well being officers are providing tricks to reduce the chance of catching COVID-19.
In his November message, State Well being Officer Dr. Scott Harris mentioned one of the simplest ways to guard your self and people round you is getting vaccinated towards the virus.
“Regardless of the sharp rise in post-holiday infections final yr, social distancing, masks carrying, and different mitigation measures taken over the vacation season seemingly prevented numerous COVID-19 instances and saved lives,” Harris said. “Your efforts might help stop pointless struggling and lack of life.”
Harris said that for households with weak seniors or members of the family with power well being situations, digital or out of doors gatherings “could also be advisable once more this yr.”
The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) affords the following tips for staying secure through the vacation season:
- Defend your self and people round you by taking a COVID-19 vaccine
- Put on masks that cowl your nostril and mouth throughout public indoor settings in case you are not absolutely vaccinated (besides for kids below the age of two)
- Even these which were vaccinated ought to put on masks indoors in areas with a excessive fee of neighborhood transmission
- Outside gatherings are safer than indoor gatherings
- If you’re sick or have signs of COVID-19, don’t host or attend a gathering and get examined
“Efficient security measures ought to enable everybody to benefit from the vacation festivities whereas minimizing the chance of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 and its extreme outcomes to others,” Harris concluded. “No single answer exists for all, and all dangers can’t be eradicated.”
For the most recent COVID-19 numbers in Alabama, go to the Alabama Division of Public Well being’s web site.
Recommend a Correction