DOH-Collier reminds you to be cautious and keep protected this Halloween
Naples, Fla. — The Florida Division of Well being in Collier County (DOH-Collier) recommends residents and guests have fun a wholesome fall season. The next ideas will assist hold you and your loved ones protected whereas collaborating in Halloween actions.
As Southwest Florida continues to get well from Hurricane Ian, particles stays in sure areas. Particles may be harmful, particularly at the hours of darkness.
- Watch the place you’re strolling. Particles could be a tripping hazard.
- Don’t contact particles! Particles is hazardous and has been subjected to dangerous micro organism.
- Particles piles could restrict imaginative and prescient of pedestrians and drivers. Be further cautious when strolling or driving in impacted areas.
Many conventional Halloween actions may be high-risk for spreading viruses, together with influenza and COVID-19. There are a number of protected methods to have fun Halloween. The protection ideas beneath will help hold you and your loved ones protected.
- Rejoice at house – watch spooky films, carve pumpkins, host a digital Halloween celebration.
- Keep away from sharing meals, cups, forks, spoons, knives, and serving utensils.
- In case you are sick, keep house.
Trick-or-treating is a enjoyable approach to have fun Halloween. All the time be alert when trick-or-treating and supply grownup supervision. Moreover:
- Stroll safely. Cross the road at crosswalks or site visitors indicators. All the time look each methods!
- Put digital units down. Maintain your head up and your eyes on kids always.
- Stroll on the sidewalk or a path. If there is no such thing as a sidewalk, stroll going through site visitors as far to the left as attainable.
- If a baby is mature sufficient to be with out supervision, inform them to remain in acquainted areas and trick-or-treat in teams.
Costumes are sometimes worn on Halloween and are enjoyable for all ages. Be sure to are at all times seen, particularly at the hours of darkness, by:
- Carrying mild colours and adorning costumes with reflective tape or stickers.
- Carry a flashlight or use glow sticks.
- Costume masks can impede imaginative and prescient. Select face paint and make-up when attainable.
- Be sure that costumes are the best dimension and match correctly to keep away from journeys and falls. Driving on Halloween can have dangers, particularly in residential areas.
- Decelerate! Kids are excited on Halloween and will transfer in unpredictable methods.
- Take further time to search for kids in intersections, medians, and on curbs.
- Enter and exit driveways rigorously and slowly.
- Keep away from driving throughout widespread trick-or-treating occasions.
Collectively, we will all have fun Halloween safely!
In regards to the Florida Division of Well being in Collier County
The Florida Division of Well being in Collier County, nationally accredited as a part of an Built-in Native Public Well being Division System by the Public Well being Accreditation Board, works to guard, promote and enhance the well being of all individuals in Florida by way of built-in state, county and neighborhood efforts.
Comply with us on Twitter at @HealthyCollier . For extra info, please go to collier.floridahealth.gov/.