The Solano County Division of Well being and Social Companies invitations the general public to have a good time Halloween and Dia de los Muertos this yr whereas decreasing the danger of transmission of COVID-19.
In response to a information launch, the general public is inspired to have a good time in small gatherings and implement additional security measures, particularly when everybody will not be vaccinated.
“Collectively, all of us have to do as a lot as we will to guard ourselves and people round us, together with younger kids who usually are not but eligible for vaccination,” officers wrote.
In relation to decreasing the unfold of COVID-19, Halloween is not any totally different than the remainder of the yr.
Basic measures to guard towards COVID-19:
Get totally vaccinated
- “All three at the moment accessible vaccines are secure and successfully scale back danger of extreme sickness, hospitalization, and dying attributable to COVID-19,” county officers wrote.
For vaccine clinic updates and upcoming vaccine clinics in Solano County, go to www.solanocounty.com/covidvaccine.
Keep dwelling you probably have or suppose you’ll have COVID-19.
- Don’t attend celebrations or take part in actions in the event you really feel sick, or you probably have come into shut contact with somebody who has COVID-19 and you aren’t but totally vaccinated.
Put on a face masks
- Face masks are really useful in non-public settings the place not everybody has been vaccinated or when round people who find themselves in any other case weak or whose immune methods are compromised.
- A fancy dress masks will not be an alternative to a well-fitted face masks that covers your mouth and nostril.
- Keep away from carrying a dressing up masks over a protecting material masks as a result of it may be harmful if the costume masks makes it exhausting to breathe.
Collect open air
- Indoor actions the place individuals from totally different households combine, like haunted homes or indoor mazes, are larger danger for everybody—particularly for individuals not but vaccinated.
Take security precautions when trick-or-treating
- If collaborating in conventional outside trick-or-treating, put on a face masks or maintain your distance from others to assist scale back your danger of getting COVID-19.
- Take hand sanitizer with you and use it ceaselessly. Keep in mind to scrub your fingers after coming dwelling, and particularly earlier than consuming any treats.
Get a booster or first/second dose of the vaccine:
The mass vaccination clinics on the Vallejo fairgrounds is working Wednesday by means of Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Clinics are anticipated to be operational for a complete of eight weeks between Oct. 13 and the center of December, with closures the week of Nov. 3 to six and Nov. 24 to 27 for Thanksgiving.
The clinics are walk-in, or appointment primarily based. To make an appointment on the mass vaccination occasion, eligible residents can signal as much as for his or her booster or their first/second dose with the accessible vaccines on-line at https://vax.phast-vax-ca.org/en-US/.These requiring registration help, name (800) 672-0150.
Homebound people all in favour of requesting an in-home vaccination appointment are inspired to name the COVID-19 vaccine line at 784-8655 for scheduling help. Residents with out transportation to and from vaccine websites hosted by Solano County are urged to name the COVID-19 vaccine line at 784-8655 and organize for a free trip by means of Uber.